The TU-9240 HVAC Electrical Control training unit gives students the opportunity to learn the basics of electricity, and then proceed on to learn how to set up a control circuit. It is designed for courses teaching the apprentice or vocational student early in their training. Built on a rolling frame with 36 modular panels, the instructor can position 12 panels on the front display for the lessons of the day. All refrigeration controls used are all designed for the HVAC industry. The student can learn from connecting the controls using two different methods, depending on the panel:
- Plug and play type: plug the wiring into the jacks and build the circuit from that point.
- Direct wiring: using terminal strips, by cutting and running the wire, and then terminating at the control, as they would in the field.
The instructor can teach the principals of circuitry, all with this low voltage system (24-volt) to ensure beginner safety. Students can experience taking voltage, amperage and resistance readings to build their basic understanding of an electrical system. Lessons off this unit will also teach them basic knowledge of series (as seen in pressure controls) and parallel circuitry (as seen in relays).
Manuals, including electrical diagrams to construct working control circuits, are included.
The TU-9240 HVAC Electrical Control training unit can be used for lectures explaining the controls and how they function and/or for practice demos. This unit is designed for electrical programs, HVAC programs, and control calibration courses.
Interested in Our Electrical Control Training Unit?
Request a quote below or download our spec sheet for more information. For an extensive list of iConnect Training products, you can also view our catalog here.
- Electrical requirements: 120VAC; 60Hz;15A
- Overall size: 45” L x 24” W x 69” H
- Low voltage 24-volt system
- The unit comes standard with 36 panels
- The lower rack and back rack provide storage for the panels not being used in the current lessons
- Circuits including basic electricity, basic refrigeration, heating and air conditioning, commercial air conditioning and other load circuits can be created.
- Controls include power transformer, light panels, single, double and four-way switches, single pole contactor, switching relays, programmable thermostat, fan relay, stop-start station, 3-pole contactors with auxiliary contacts and overload protection, high and low pressure controls both in-line and commercial, commercial step controller, load fans, mechanical temperature control
Shipping Weight: 600 lbs.
Shipping Dimensions: 80″ L x 48″ W x 78″ H
eLearning curriculum is now available for the TU-9240 HVAC Electrical Control Training Unit. The three suggested courses below come to a total of 54 credit hours.
- 111 Electrical DC Theory Plus
- 112 Electrical AC Theory Plus
- 113 Electrical Common Components