The TU-130 Basic Refrigeration Training Unit with Water Cooled Condenser demonstrates a light commercial refrigeration system with dual pressure control, digital thermostat and a co-axial, tube-in-tube heat exchanger/condenser. With this trainer, course instructors give HVAC/R students hands-on experience with refrigeration systems from the comfort of their classroom before they go out into the field.
- Electrical requirements: 120VAC; 60Hz; 15A
- Uses R-134a Refrigerant
- Overall Size: 34.5″ L x 18″ W x 77.5″ H
- 1⁄3 HP hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor.
- Panels are 1⁄4″ thick HDPE with steel reinforced component shelf
- Sight glass tubes at inlet and outlet of evaporator and condenser constructed of explosion-proof, tie-bolt design
- Drip pan with drain located under evaporator
- Color-coded valves, gauges, and hand valves to bypass various components
- Conditions of refrigerant and oil can be observed under various methods of operation
- Pressure gauges located at each point in which pressure variation is likely to occur
- Refrigerant flow to evaporator metered either by capillary tube, automatic expansion valve (AXV), or thermostatic expansion valve (TXV)
- Aluminum fin, copper tube evaporator with variable speed fan for load adjustment
- Water cooled condenser with standard hose connections and ball valves to meter water flow
- A combination low and high pressure control in the circuit at all times to prevent damage to the compressor
- Thermostatic control with a range of –30°F to 100°F
- High pressure cutout in the circuit at all times to prevent damage to the compressor
- Includes Operation Manual
- Water Hoses not Included
Shipping Weight: 480 lbs.
Shipping Dimensions: 49″ L x 45″ W x 87″ H
Learn more about the iManifold system analyzer kit here.
eLearning curriculum is now available for the TU-130 Basic Refrigeration Training Unit with Water Cooled Condenser. The four suggested courses below come to a total of 63 credit hours.
- 101 Fundamentals
- 141 Refrigeration I
- 142 Refrigeration II
- 143 Refrigeration Cycle Service Procedures
Interested in This Basic Refrigeration Training Unit?
Request a quote below or give us a call at (716) 699-2031. Not ready to buy just yet? Download the spec sheet or take a look at our other HVAC/R training units.