TU-100 Basic Refrigeration Trainer
Give HVAC/R Students Hands-On Experience with Domestic Refrigerators & Freezers
The TU-100 basic refrigeration trainer demonstrates domestic refrigerator and freezers, self-contained air conditioning units and reverse cycle or heat pump systems. With this popular training unit, HVAC/R teachers will be able to give their students hands-on experience before they go out on a job site. Plus, they’re able to familiarize themselves with name brands they might see out in the field.
- 1⁄3 HP hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor
- Panels are 1⁄4″ thick HDPE with steel reinforced component shelf
- Uses R-134a Refrigerant
- Electrical requirements: 120VAC; 60Hz; 15A
- Overall size: 34.5″ L x 18″ W x 77.5″ H
- Sight glass tubes at inlet and outlet of evaporator and condenser constructed of explosion-proof, tie-bolt design
- Drip pans with drains located under each evaporator and condenser
- Uses popular, brand name components
- Color-coded valves, gauges, and hand valves to bypass various components and change from cooling to heating (heat pump
- Conditions of refrigerant and oil can be observed under various methods of operation
- Pressure gauges located at each point in which pressure variation is likely to occur
- Refrigerant flow to evaporator metered either by capillary tube, automatic expansion valve (AXV), or thermostatic expansion valve
- Evaporator and condenser copper tube coils with aluminum fins and variable speed fans
- A combination low pressure control and high pressure cutout and a thermostatic control with a range of –30°F to 100°F furnished
- High pressure cutout in the circuit at all times to prevent damage to the compressor
- Variable fan speed controls for indoor coil and outdoor coil load adjustment
- Includes booklet which contains a Lab Manual, Instructor’s Guide, and Operation Guide
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos.
Shipping Weight: 550 lbs.
Shipping Dimensions: 49″ L x 45″ W x 87″ H
eLearning curriculum is now available for the TU-100 Basic Refrigeration Training Unit. The five suggested courses below come to a total of 84 credit hours.
- 101 Fundamentals
- 135 HVACR Heat Pumps
- 141 Refrigeration I
- 142 Refrigeration II
- 143 Refrigeration Cycle Service Procedures